The customer was building a new home and would have had a large cost of connection to the electricity grid. They wanted a system that would be hassle-free and comfortably meet their needs, and to use the latest technology.
The shed was the idea place for the system to be installed, with the batteries stacked on top of each other to safe on space. Being in a cold climate area, allowances needed to be made for low solar input in winter.
- SMA Sunny Island 8.0 Inverter Charger
- BMZ ESS7.0 lithium-ion battery unit (20kWh)
- 32 x Tindo Solar 260W solar modules
- 2 x SMA Sunny Boy 4000TL
- Tilted roof-mount array framing
The customer wanted a battery storage system to use more of his solar, and buy less power from the grid. He liked the idea of having some backup ability as well, but this wasn’t a necessity.
System needed to retrofit to his existing SMA solar array, and be installed outside along a protected service wall.
- SMA Sunny Boy Storage 2.5
- 7kWh Tesla Powerwall
- SMA Sunny Portal monitoring
- Existing 7kW solar array
Customers existing standalone power system was insufficient for their needs and was failing. Required larger capacity, the latest technology and integrate old solar
5.2-4.2kWh average daily winter/summer demand; 5.8kW design surge
Flat roof requires optimal tilt frames to improve winter solar ouput; clear old system
- OEA Complete 60-48 System – 6kW 1-phase output
- OEA Adapt mount – install on customer veranda
- 5kWh L-ion battery storage with BMS
- 6kW Monocrystalline solar array on optimal tilt frames
- Integrate old solar array via dc-shunt and PL40 controller