This couple had been living with a 10 year old, 24V off-grid system that was on the property when they bought it. They battled with unreliable and insufficient power for as long as they could before looking into getting a replacement system. The entire system needed to be replaced, and they also wanted to have their existing Honda generator wired for auto-start ability.
With relatively light loads, only a small off-grid system was needed. Some existing switches needed to be replaced, and a satellite dish needed to be removed to make room for the new solar array.
- Victron MultiPlus inverter charger
- BAE VRLA sealed gel batteries (13kWh)
- 6 x Trina Solar 260W solar modules
- Victron BlueSolar charge controller
- Tilted roof-mount array framing