Large New Home with High Cost of Grid Connection
Had a cost of connection, which encouraged him to explore off grid. New build home with 2 semi-detached dwellings (both occupied). Needed a large capacity and robust system to deal with a large potential demand.
As an accountant understood the benefits/economics of owning your own power station supply.
51-45kWh average daily winter/summer demand; 16.5kW design surge
Large shed available for optimal system installation
- OEA Comprehensive 160-48 System – 16kW 1-phase output
- OEA Adapt mount – install in shed
- 136kWh sealed gel battery storage (made to order)
- 3kW Monocrystalline solar array flush + optimally tilted on shed roof – yielding an estimated 119% of average demand, and 90% in winter
- 9KVA backup generator (autostart)